Everyone Hates Marketers
How to Create a Go-to-Market Strategy (5 Steps)
What is a go-to-market strategy, exactly?
In today’s episode, we’ll define the term in details and dive into the real, actionable steps to design an effective go-to-market strategy.
My guest today is Asia Matos, an early-stage startup marketing expert, and the founder and CEO of Demand Maven. We’re going to dive into what exactly is a go-to-market strategy, when you need one, and how to create one from scratch.
- What exactly is a go-to-market strategy?
- The difference between go-to-market strategy” and “marketing strategy”
- Signs that a company needs a go-to-market strategy
- The frameworks to start creating a Go-to-market strategy
- Why is it important to have a “model-market fit” and “channel-market fit”
- A real-life example of model and channel market fit
- Why follow up questions is vital in customer interviews
- Using Objective & Key Results (OKRs) to translate customer interview into actionable steps
- Why targeting customers’ mindset is much more important than just aiming at demographics
- Biggest mistake companies made when creating a go-to-market strategy
- What marketers should learn in the next 5,10, 20 years
- Flip My Funnel
- Brian Balfour
- Growth Loops: The End of Traditional Funnels?
- Sean Ellis
- Good Strategy Bad Strategy: The Difference and Why it Matters
- Objective Key Results (OKRs)
- This is Marketing
- Buyer Persona: Your Guide to Create 100% Accurate & Detailed Ones
- Buyer Persona Institute
- Forget The Funnel
- Asia’s Twitter
Brought to you by Everyone Hates Marketers of Everyone Hates Marketers