4 Steps to Creating a Rock-Solid Marketing Strategy With Mark Ritson
May 22, 2018
When it comes to your strategy, nothing is more important than market research.
My guest today is Mark Ritson. He’s a marketing expert, consultant, and writer for Marketing Week. Mark sat down with me to share his principles for developing a marketing strategy and how to execute market research.
Mark dug into several fascinating tactics that I’d never heard before this interview. I know you’re going to gain a ton of value from this episode.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The truth about Steve Jobs dislike for market research
- Why your reputation can’t really be destroyed overnight
- How nearly all marketers miss the key step in their strategy
- The two most important questions to ask your customers
- What mistake companies make when it comes to segmentation
- How to decide which market you should be targeting
- The surprising reason you have less competition than you think
- Marketing Week -- Weekly column by Mark Ritson
- Survey Monkey
- Byron Sharp
- The Game-Changer: How You Can Drive Revenue and Profit Growth with Innovation by A.G. Lafley
- Playing to Win: How Strategy Really Works
- Mini MBA in Marketing
- Drayton Bird
- Marketing Week
- @markritson -- Mark Ritson on Twitter
- Mark Ritson on LinkedIn