[Replay] DHH and Basecamp's Guide to No-Bullsh*t Marketing
October 22, 2019
On today’s episode I’m talking to David Heinemeier Hansson, co-founder of Basecamp project management software and creator of Ruby on Rails. He is well-known as a talented developer, but I also think he is one of the best no-bullshit digital marketing persons out there today.
He is a Denmark native and has learned from business practices in both Denmark and the US.
Join us as David shares his path in business and his insights into the world of marketing.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- David’s background growing up in Denmark and business differences with the US
- His sources of marketing and business inspiration
- Basecamp as a case study (numbers such as the amount of website visitors a month)
- Metrics overload versus hard-to-track marketing
- David’s main principles in marketing
- Best marketing books and concepts he’s come across
- Insights into the future of marketing
- David Heinemeier Hansson
- Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
- About Seneca, a Roman Stoic Philosopher
- The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert B. Cialdini
- Jobs-To-Be-Done Framework
- Blue Ocean Strategy by W. Chan Kim
- Signal v. Noise
- David's Twitter - @DHH
- David’s Instagram - @dhh79