Mark Ritson: 4 Steps to Creating a Marketing Strategy [Replay]
March 19, 2019
This week is a special replay of one of our most popular episodes. Mark Ritson joined the podcast last year to chat about the technical side of market research, branding, and building out an effective marketing strategy.
Don't miss it. Even if you've heard this interview before, give it another listen. I learn something new every time.
When it comes to your strategy, nothing is more important than market research. My guest today is Mark Ritson. He’s a marketing expert, consultant, and writer for Marketing Week. Mark sat down with me to share his principles for developing a marketing strategy and how to execute market research.
Mark dug into several fascinating tactics that I’d never heard before this interview. I know you’re going to gain a ton of value from this episode.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The truth about Steve Jobs dislike for market research
- Why your reputation can’t really be destroyed overnight
- How nearly all marketers miss the key step in their strategy
- The two most important questions to ask your customers
- What mistake companies make when it comes to segmentation
- How to decide which market you should be targeting
- The surprising reason you have less competition than you think
- Marketing Week -- Weekly column by Mark Ritson
- Survey Monkey
- Byron Sharp
- The Game-Changer: How You Can Drive Revenue and Profit Growth with Innovation by A.G. Lafley
- Playing to Win: How Strategy Really Works
- Mini MBA in Marketing
- Drayton Bird
- Marketing Week
- @markritson -- Mark Ritson on Twitter
- Mark Ritson on LinkedIn